Job Title: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Reports to: Service Manager
Summary: Technician requires little if any work direction from the Service Manager or Shop Foreman. Work is completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Must be able to diagnose the correct failure mode, using the appropriate Technical Manual procedures and special tools. Must be able to perform complete component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following Technical Manual procedures. Must conduct themselves in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
1. Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
2. Perform diagnosis and repair as required.
3. Demonstrate skills to other technicians as required.
4. Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components.
5. Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
6. Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manager, for proper and safe operation by the customer.
7. Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager.
8. Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
9. Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.
10. Regular, reliable attendance is required.
11. Must maintain confidentiality of Shearer Equipment operations, financial, and strategic policies, plans, and procedures.
Full Time Employment Includes Full Time Benefits:
Major Medical Health Insurnace
Short Term Disability
Employee Uniform Shirts
Paid Time Off
Critical Illness Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $19.00 /hour