Meet our professionals
An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a production application support specialist to plan, perform, and manage low to medium complexity production support tasks and activities which require deep subject matter knowledge of business processes or specific applications in addition to knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Works on planning and execution of change, problem, incidents, production processes, controls and service requests
- May create and develop software solutions to application errors reported
- Escalates unresolved issues to proper personnel.
- Provides mid-level to senior-level end-user support, which may include: providing systems administration assistance, coordinating stakeholder discussions, updating user documentation or conducting training.
- 3-5 years of experience in providing support for Java, Oracle, or custom applications on a UNIX platform.
- 2+ years' experience with UNIX and SQL. Experience with Autosys or similar product.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and communication skills. Strong aptitude for attention to details.
- Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. outlook, browsers, Sharepoint, Office Suite)
- Experience with general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing), ITIL framework, industry delivery and support standards and processes, knowledge management systems, and ITSM tools
- Subject matter expertise in general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework, knowledge management system, contract metrics and SLAs, Remedy, Service Now and OPSPortal
- Subject matter expertise in a broad array of specialized areas such as infrastructure systems, enterprise applications such as autosys, monitoring tools, databases, information security tools, middleware, messaging, commercial cloud tools, etc
- Subject matter expertise in application support and business operations in banking and financial services supporting functions such as trading, payments, prime brokerage, mortgage processing etc.
Education and Experience Requirements
What you can expect from us:
- Minimum of an Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Minimum one year direct experience with application or infrastructure operations and support in a banking or financial services environment or two years direct experience providing application production support in any other industry.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.