Supporting the US Army the candidate will:
- Design, plan, install, integrate and maintain backbone core-area tactical and strategic communications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Gather mission needs statements, operational requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for Army’s tactical communications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost efficient.
- Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units, as well as for allied nations, other government agencies and commercial service interfaces.
- Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems.
- Responsible for the engineering design, development, integration, installation, operation and maintenance of the Tactical Network.
- Leads and facilitate technical discussions with internal and external organizations
- Support technical tasks in the integration of Data/Voice/Video in the Tactical Network, engineering and technical documentation and assistance in the development of technical requirements, specifications, plans and reports, software/hardware engineering, preparation of independent assessments, systems engineering, technical expertise at fielding locations, test and evaluation, architectural/interoperability support, and quality engineering.
- Provide technical support in Tactical Network labs. Develop equipment and network configurations and products.
- Support technology insertion testing relative to emerging Tactical Network requirements and capabilities.
- Provide technical expertise at field locations as needed.
- Knowledge of Converged Ethernet Over IP (EOIP) network
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies from VMware, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, Dell, HP and others.
- Expertise is required in Cisco products (ex. Routers, Switches and Firewalls). An active Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification or higher is a plus.
- Travel ~20% of the time.
Experience /Education Required:
- At least ten years’ experience as Network engineer desired with BS Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
Required Security Clearance: Secret
CommNet LLC offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits (e.g., (1) 25 days PTO, (2) fully paid: health, disability, and dental benefits, and (3) 3% Matching IRA) to meet your needs for today and the future. CommNet is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Secret Clearance (Required)