As the Savii, Inc. Development Team Lead you will be working with a group of talented and creative individuals including Developers, Quality Analysts and a Product Owner.
As the team will initially be small, you will be expected to undertake some development work so we are looking for an individual with a software development background who meets the technical criteria outlined below. This role would be ideal for a developer looking to move into their first team lead / SCRUM Master position who has prior experience working in a well-formed SCRUM team.
In addition to your own dev work, you will be responsible for growing your teams’ capabilities through cross-functional working, training and learning. You will help the team by facilitating SCRUM events, removing impediments, and working with the Product Owner to ensure value and quality are baked into the day to day process and delivered software. We want you to actively uphold agile processes, whilst promoting team self-organisation and regulation. In the role you should be looking for opportunity to improve XP techniques and practices such as Pairing, Continuous Integration, and Test/Behaviour Driven development.
As part of the team lead role you will be expected to assure delivery of the teams committed outputs at the end each sprint. You will also be accountable for your team and their actions, ensuring that every team member plays their part effectively.
The key areas will include -
- Understand and advocate the team’s journey through Scrum/Agile and XP.
- Work with the team to define, prioritise and help manage the workload.
- Work with the US CEO and UK-based Group CTO to shape, size, and grow the development team and development processes.
- Work with the Product Owner to manage and organise the product backlog.
- Run reviews and general line management tasks for the team (absence, lateness, annual leave, etc.)
- Work to understand team training requirements and resources (learning plans, innovation days and career progression plans)
- Actively support and grow new members of staff in the team
- Developing .NET web applications using C# / ASP.NET with HTML 5 and Amazon Aurora MySQL.
- 3 years'+ experience of working within a development SCRUM team.
- 3 years’+ hands-on experience as a software developer.
- Industry experience developing .NET applications in C#.
- Prior experience of ASP.NET EntityFramework and WebAPI.
- Strong TDD skills, test-first and unit-testing skills, e.g. MSTest.
- Train, mentor, innovate and advocate Agile Methodologies (e.g. Pairing, Test Driven Development)
- Patient, constructive and collaborative
- Work collaboratively and have willingness to take responsibility for your own development and that of the whole team
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to research and network within the agile and developer community to understand and support best practice
- Personable, confident and hardworking, with excellent organisational and communication skills
- 1 year+ prior experience leading an Agile development team delivering complex, high availability software solutions.
- Prior experience of Continuous Delivery principles.
- Mobile application development experience (Xamarin and / or PhoneGap).
- Have a good understanding of Software Design Patterns and emergent design
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $79,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- .Net: 3 years (Required)
- CSS: 1 year (Required)
- Xamarin: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- SCRUM Master: 1 year (Preferred)
- SCRUM team working: 3 years (Required)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) (Preferred)