Scholz Associates, Inc is actively interviewing for a IT Systems Engineer/Integrator, Senior or Systems Administrator, Senior to join our team in Aberdeen, MD.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of Sr. Systems Administrators and IT Infrastructure Engineers who manage programs under multiple ISR enterprise contracts. The work entails building new systems for the Army Intelligence systems as well as enhancements for systems already fielded. You will provide system design, software installation, integration, test, and deployment services for a number of intelligence systems.
Requirements: The candidate would support one of a number of ISR and C4ISR programs. They will provide research and assistance, implementation of community policies/guidance, and receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Candidate will frequently interact with functional peer group managers and senior management. Candidate must exhibit the following qualities within the work environment; Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction; Ability to work well within a team environment; Ability to work well under pressure.
Some travel may be required. under 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical discipline and 10 years of experience. 5 years of additional experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must possess an Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Experience in a VMware environment (ESXi and VCenter) a must
- Experience with bare metal systems/servers building and preparation
- Must have some experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policies.
- Must have some working knowledge/experience with Linux (Redhat) operating systems.
- Must understand or have experience in networking to include WAN's, LAN's, routers and switches.
- Experience with storage area networks (NetApp, EMC, or Pure Storage)
- Experience with administration in WAN or LAN, Primary OSs Windows 2008/2012 Server, Windows 7, RHEL Linux, VMWare ESXi.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or a minimum of 5 years of related experience with tier 2 system administration.
- Working knowledge of client and server software interaction including application design, support, and integration, virtual operating systems, and maintaining intelligence software applications.
- Experience supporting Information Assurance compliance activities including using Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tool, updating checklists with STIG viewer, and documentation.
- Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience with multiple OS (Linux/CentOS/Windows)
- Experience with Active Directory integrated DNS and integrated LDAP.
- Installation and maintenance experience with a variety of 3rd party software
- Experience with migrating physical servers to virtual.
- Experience with scripting, eg. PERL, shell scripting and Python and other dynamic scripting languages is a plus.
- Experience with DCGS-A (Distributed Common Ground System – Army), GGB (Guardrail Ground Baseline), and/or OGS (Operation Ground Station) a plus
- Experience in software engineering, network engineering, or database implementation a plus
- Preferred candidates will have IAT level II certification and be IAW DoD 8570 compliant to include preferred technical certifications (A+, CCNA, RHCE, MCSA / E, Networks+).
Scholz Associates, Inc. is a fast growing small business government defense contractor service provider in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with 4% company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays. Scholz Associates, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Active Secret or above security clearance with the DoD
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 10 years (Required)
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD (Required)