New Bloom Labs is a quickly-growing analytical laboratory serving the growing hemp industry. We are seeking a bookkeeper available 40 hours per week. This is a flexible position, which only requires 10-12 hours per week in office.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Bi-weekly payroll and Accounts Payable execution.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Executes and maintains all payroll functions including timekeeping, deductions, and reimbursements.
The flexibility of this position is ideal for the talented and organized bookkeeper to manage work and home responsibilities. The ideal candidate is deadline driven and thrives on implementing efficient systems and following them regularly.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- Tech hip, including standard cloud softwares for workplace and accounting
- Reporting Research Results
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Previous bookkeeping experience required
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
Please submit a resume and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
This is a flexible, mostly work-from-home position.
- Concur/Expensify: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- quickbooks online: 2 years (Preferred)
- Are you able to report to an office in Chattanooga, TN 1-2 days per week, and work remotely otherwise?
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Company's Facebook page: