Arcadian Productions is a woman owned, women managed audio-visual company based out of Washington, DC. At Arcadian Productions, we offer full production services with the goal of bringing the client’s vision to reality. While having the proper gear is important, the right audio and video technicians ultimately have the greatest impact on quality. Arcadian Productions’ primary focus is customer service and proper business ethics.
Arcadian Productions is the exclusive, in-house production company for the Mellon Auditorium (www.mellonauditorium.com). In addition, we provide production services at special event venues and hotels in Washington, DC. Most events range from 50 - 1500 guests, including gala dinners, meetings, conferences and receptions.
*Candidates must submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to be considered.
*Compensation will be commensurate with work experience and skills.
Arcadian Productions is looking for an audio visual technical director to help facilitate the Arcadian mission.
Qualified Candidates will:
· Have reliable transportation
· Be a quick learner and have the ability to work independently with minimal management; a problem solver.
· Understand the technical aspects of the job and demonstrate operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
· Have experience pulling the proper equipment required for each individual event (audio, video and lighting equipment)
· Coordinate logistics and hire freelance labor/subcontractors
· Have knowledge of the most commonly utilized DC venues
· Have excellent knowledge of on‐site show setup
· Manage and/or directly set-up and strike events
· Have the ability to lift heavy cases over 50 lbs.
· Have knowledge of hand tools, test/set up/maintain equipment and company machinery.
· Help identify new and proper equipment to purchase for inventory
· Have the ability to properly manage and upkeep inventory
· Demonstrate ability to train others to effectively use equipment.
· Have knowledge of electrical circuitry, power distribution, network principles, and fire codes.
· Have the ability to read/understand technical drawings, programming and installation guides.
· Be comfortable driving trucks up to 26′ (CDL not required)
· Must be willing to help build shows in the warehouse / do occasional drops & pickups.
· Have knowledge of backline for instruments
· Have experience live sound mixing
· Have excellent organizational skills
· Have great communication skills with clients and the management team
· Be flexible to work irregular hours (nights/weekends/holidays)
· Be calm and cool under pressure
· Having experience in lighting design and CAD software is a major plus
· Plan and pre-produce events in order to ensure smooth and efficient productions
· Produce estimates from RFPs, pull equipment, sub-rent and sub-contract as needed
· Be onsite supervision for all events
· Interface directly with clients at meetings and onsite
· Operate video equipment, cameras, sound equipment, staging, and various other technology
· Execute a flawless event with particular emphasis on service to our clients
· Anticipate and resolve problems/changes; seek assistance as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Audio Visual Special Events: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required