Full-time, Contract - 9 months
JOB SUMMARY FOR QUALITY SPECIALIST:
- The main function of a quality technician is to operate PL Lab. equipment such as X-Ray/CT machine and Digital microscope and others and make basic analysis reports and support all activity of product analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR QUALITY SPECIALIST:
- Perform X-ray and CT scans for devices daily.
- Build PowerPoint analysis reports for the damaged Cell phones after the CT scan is done.
- Keep an excel worksheet of Inventory management for devices in the lab.
- Take pictures of the damage on the devices to place on the reports that are built.
- Keep an excel worksheet of devices that have been received and shipped internationally for analysis.
- Build reports for devices that have been received from Canada.
- Keep Track of an excel worksheet for devices that have been sent to Exponent (A 3rd party company) and perform CT scans and send the data for neutral analysis.
- Use the Digital Microscope to capture images of the damage on the battery or device and place on the reports or send to HQ if required.
- Perform and help with the Overheating analysis and build the reports after the device has been analyzed 2-3 times.
- Use heating plates/OCTA ID disassembly machines to disassemble the device for analysis.
- Disassemble the internal components of the phones for further analysis of the device.
- Perform OCTA ID testing of the device after it has been disassembled, which determines if the device Display in the device is OEM or has been replaced.
- Help with initial analysis of the device’s that have just been received from the customers, so the agents know how to settle with the customers.
- Help Take Pictures of the devices that have been received from the customers and build a PowerPoint for the agents to look at the entire device.
- Submit approval request to ship devices to HQ for further analysis.
- Update GPLS and keep track of the location of the devices.
- Keep SIM cards active for Overheating analysis testing.
- Clean the battery particles and charred cell phones from the surfaces in the PL Lab.
- Help Company security compare X-rays of OEM and potential counterfeit devices.
- Help maintain registration for the CT machine
- Keep track of the devices that have been sent to long-term storage on an excel worksheet.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR QUALITY SPECIALIST:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/training required.
- 0-2 years experience required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR QUALITY SPECIALIST:
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award-Winning Employee Care Program.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- PL Laboratory: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off