Brand Manager, Gift Cards
Location: Glendale, CA
Founded in 2007, Dine Brands Global, Inc. (formerly Dine Brands Global) brings together two of the world’s largest and most beloved full-service restaurant brands - Applebee's (established in 1980) and IHOP (founded in 1958). With over 100 years of hospitality experience and expertise throughout 18 countries around the world, Dine Brands supports more than 3,700 Applebee's and IHOP restaurants and a 100% franchised system of nearly 400 franchisees, making it one of the largest full-service restaurant companies in the world.
Who are we?
We celebrate success as we passionately nurture (and grow) the world’s most beloved restaurant brands. We are innovators that embrace new ideas & creativity. We value commitment and take personal accountability for our actions. We value openness, authenticity, and foster a collaborative, creative environment that believes we will go farther, together.
The Gift Card Brand Manager owns IHOP’s gift card program. This role provides a unique opportunity to run a relatively new business for IHOP with significant opportunity to grow the business, along with the funding and operational support to do so.
The IHOP Gift Card Brand Manager will also regularly collaborate with the Applebee’s Gift Card program and team, where relevant, to take advantage of our combined scale, scope, knowledge, insight and relationships across the overall Dine Brands organization.
The Gift Card Brand Manager oversees all aspects of the gift card business across all our sales channels: in-restaurant, national retail, business to business, and digital store fronts. This includes managing the budget and calendar for gift card campaigns; leading the development of product and promotions that differentiate the restaurant offer from other channels; defining key consumer messages for point of purchase, advertising and promotional materials; overseeing the development of web-based advertising; developing promotions and maintain assortment and sales in national retail accounts; executing the plans in all channels; analysis of the results - all in an effort to grow the sale of gift cards through these channels. This person will also act as the day-to-day contact for franchisees and will oversee all general communication to the franchise network.
• Define, develop and execute annual product and promotional strategies to drive sales and differentiate the gift card offers made in restaurant and made available through our digital store fronts at IHOP.com
• Lead and support partners/vendors to successfully implement gift card programs/promotions
• Oversee the day-to-day aspects of key partner relationships, including external vendor partners, internal IHOP partners and the franchise network
• Identify, evaluate and execute new program opportunities; set success criteria and metrics; evaluate performance and report results to internal and franchisee audiences
• Plan and sponsor market research to unearth new ways to grow the business – and ultimately drive the restaurant business
• Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation
Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in product management, brand management or retail category management
• Strong preference for candidates with gift card industry experience
• Other helpful experience includes service industry/restaurant experience and exposure to large franchise networks
• Highly collaborative team player with proven ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced environment with senior leaders and rapidly evolving business demands
• Excellent project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong written and oral communications skills; strong presentation skills
• Ownership mentality, strategic mindset, curiosity, and demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and develop fact-based solutions
• Equally comfortable working in the creative, “white space” stage as well as overseeing details in the process/execution stage
****This role can be either local to the Glendale, CA Restaurant Support Center (RSC) or candidates could work offsite with travel to the RSC for meetings and events.****
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at Dine Brands Global Careers to join the Dine Brands Global team today!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Dine Brands Global strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.