Laurel Advocacy and Referral Services, Inc. (LARS) is seeking an enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual with a high level of integrity and initiative to fill the position of Director of Client Services (DCS). The DCS oversees LARS’ Emergency Services, Permanent Supportive Housing, and Self-Sufficiency Programs, and provides administration, management, and supervision to client services team members. The ideal candidate must have prior experience managing human services staff, be detail-oriented, and capable of achieving results in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment. If you are someone who has exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, and has a genuine interest in supporting vulnerable populations, we encourage you to apply today!
COVID-19 Update: We continue to keep the health and safety of our employees, clients, volunteers, and community at the forefront as we navigate this public health crisis. LARS providers essential services and we are committed to being here for the families and individuals who need extra support during this time. We have made modifications to our service delivery model in order to maximize the safety and health of all parties. At this time, all staff continue to report for work at LARS' headquarters.
For 33 years, LARS has been a source of hope and relief for members of the Laurel community who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, and for individuals and families who struggle to meet their basic needs. LARS’ mission is to enable homeless and low-income people in Laurel who are in crisis to achieve stability and long-term self-sufficiency. Through a variety of supportive services including financial help with rent and utilities, food assistance, and subsidized housing, LARS provides individuals and families the stability they need to build better futures for themselves and for their families. In addition, case managers teach skills that foster growth in the areas of personal finances, education, employment, and mental and physical well-being. Our goal is not only to alleviate the immediate crisis, but also to teach skills and habits that empower people to maintain financial stability and prevent future crises. LARS’ service area covers high needs areas in Prince George's (zip codes 20707 and 20708), Howard (20723), and Anne Arundel (20724) Counties.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Operations, Planning, and Evaluation 50%
- Oversee the operations of and provide strategic direction to the Emergency Services, Permanent Supportive Housing, and Self-Sufficiency Programs;
- Develop and implement LARS’ annual program plan of operations, including individual program performance goals and outcomes;
- Regularly evaluate and report on progress made towards achieving program goals and outcomes;
- Onboard, supervise, and evaluate assigned personnel, including supervision of social work interns;
- Facilitate monthly case manager meetings, with emphasis on professional growth, resource sharing, and collaboration.
Grant Management 30%
1. Assist Executive Director with preparation and submission of governmental agency grant applications, prepare and submit grant reports, and maintain organized records of assigned grants to ensure grant compliance;
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining program budgets;
- Oversee annual environmental review process for Permanent Supportive Housing Program;
- Ensure staff members are regularly and accurately entering client data into electronic database systems, Apricot and HMIS.
Partnerships and Community Development 20%
1. Strengthen existing, and develop new partnerships with local congregations, businesses, community groups, and government agency personnel;
- Attend counties’ (Anne Arundel, Howard, and Prince George’s) Continuum of Care meetings, including Steering and Coordinated Entry Committee Meetings;
- Serve as LARS’ primary point of contact for annual Laurel Winter Shelter program.
· Master’s degree in human service field (MSW preferred) with at least three years of supervisory experience OR Bachelor’s degree in human service field (BSW preferred) with at least six years of supervisory experience;
· High level of initiative and integrity;
· Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player
· Program development and evaluation experience;
· Superior organizational and project management skills;
· Grant management and/or grant writing experience (preferred);
· Prior experience working with mentally ill, substance abusing, and/or homeless populations;
· The ability to build/maintain a cohesive team and motivate staff;
· Adaptable and able to comfortably work in a fast-paced environment;
· A problem-solver with a strong motivation to continue learning and improving;
· Skilled in internet research and navigation, working with client management software, and using Microsoft Office Suite;
· Able to work until 7:30 PM every Monday, and occasional weekend events (4-5 times per year).
Reports to: Executive Director
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Salary range $50,000 - $60,000 based on experience and qualifications;
· 20 days of paid time off, annually;
· Medical insurance, short/long term disability, and life insurances;
· 401(k) plan with employer match up to 5%;
· Mileage and travel reimbursement, additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s, and paid, professional development opportunities offered.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE
· Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements (please, no phone calls), and title the subject line “Director of Client Services” *We will not accept any applications that are missing any of the required materials;
· We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled;
· We will begin scheduling phone interviews in early June
· We will conduct first-round, phone interviews with selected candidates during early June;
· Finalists will be invited to participate in a second interview (via video conferencing) in mid-June, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter;
· We would like to have the selected candidate start by late June/early July.
LARS is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Direct service: 3 years (Required)
- Supervising: 3 years (Required)
- Laurel, MD 20707 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible