Principle Responsibilities/Position Purpose:
To act as an ambassador of the resort by providing special assistance and information about local area attractions to guests and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Answers telephone calls and inputs messages into the computer. Retrieves messages and communicates contents to the guest. Retrieves mail, small packages, and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Arranges and confirms recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the resort. Promptly responds to requests for dentists, doctors, child care, florists, etc.
- Registers VIP guests by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information such as number of guests and room rate. Promotes Trump National Doral - Miami & Trump National Doral - Miami marketing programs. Makes appropriate selection of guest rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys. Confirms the room number and rate. Provides folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Responds to guest complaints, conducts research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiates results. Listens and assists in resolving problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy resort activity.
- Distributes printed materials such as brochures of local attractions.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error, e.g., purchasing tickets for guests.
- Ability to communicate orally and verbally in English with associates and outside entities. Certain positions will require the ability to read and write in English as well.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
Prior guest service experience required. Prior Front Desk or other prior hospitality experience preferred.