Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Coding Analyst for Documentation & Denials to work Full Time at (Texas Health Resources).
The address is (Chase Building 500 East Border Street Arlington, TX 76010)
Salary range is Min. $24.19/hr to Max. $43.10/hr – based on relevant experience
- (Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm – This position is remote after initial 90 days)
Reviews, researches, resolves and trends billing and coding edits:
Trends documentation, reimbursement, and coding:
- Audits and confirms the coding of diagnoses and procedures relevant to the resolve the billing/coding edits.
- Reviews appropriate regulatory references to identify/substantiate diagnoses, procedures and modifiers that support services billed.
- Takes initiative to query the physician for documentation or clarification to justify services.
- Works in conjunction with Senior Analyst and the CBO for follow up, resolution and trending of coding related denials and appeals.
- Maintains required productivity standards.
- Tracks opportunities for documentation, reimbursement and coding improvement.
- Provides information and feedback on coding related software edits, denials issues, reimbursement trends, and billing and coding errors to HIS management, clinical departments and CBO.
Assists the management team with Fiscal Management of coding resources and processes:
- Assists manager with the processes associated with the weekly DNFB to consistently meet entity/system goals.
- Meets productivity standards for completion of denial review processes.
- Performs coding when necessary and requested by HIS coding management team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Associate’s Degree Health Information Services or related field is required
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent 2 Years Coding experience in lieu of degree required or
- 3 Years Coding in an acute care setting required
- Performing billing and coding denials resolution preferred
Acute Care Outpatient surgery and clinic CPT coding preferred
CCS - Certified Coding Specialist 12 Months required or
CCA - Certified Coding Associate 12 Months required or
RHIA - Registered Health Information Administrator 12 Months required or
RHIT - Registered Health Information Technician 12 Months required or
CPC - Certified Professional Coder 12 Months required
Demonstrates the ability to locate, research, comprehend and appropriately apply 3rd party payer rules and regulations. Able to analyze and resolve complex coding related claim denials in a manner that ensures accurate and optimal reimbursement. Proficient in Microsoft Office and billing software applications. Thorough understanding of ICD 10-CM, DRG methodologies, CPT-4, Outpatient Code Editor and National Correct Coding Initiative policies. Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates strong decision making and problem solving skills. Personal initiative to keep abreast of new developments in coding updates/technology/research/regulatory data. Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines. Ability to adjust successfully to changing priorities and work load volume. Successful completion of ICD 10 training courses.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.