Full Job Description
Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000+ employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Strapper position will assist the Yard Hostler in strapping building material to commercial flatbed trailers. Additionally, the Yard Strapper will assist in maintaining strapping equipment (Straps, winches, and load bars), along with performing equipment inspections.
Essential Job Functions
· Throwing straps over product on flatbed trailers.
· Ensuring product is secure on every load.
· Rolling and unrolling straps.
· Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
· Ability to effectively communicate with Yard Hostlers and customers via conversation and paperwork.
· Repetitive motion throwing straps over an 8 hour shift.
· Ability to lift and unload product weighing in excess of 50 lbs.
· Ability to follow instructions and perform all job duties accordingly.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
· Be accountable for your position agreement; work with purpose and clarity.
· When you see an opportunity for improvement, speak up.
· Tell the truth; have integrity. It’s safe to tell the truth.
· Be on time.
· Be positive. Be respectful. Be a team player.
· Adhere to the dress code.
· Keep your work area neat and clean.
· Don’t impede workflow by socializing or conducting personal business.
· Communicate in a timely, effective, and courteous manner.
· The customer and their service always come first.
· When representing or identified with the Company, our General Standards apply.
· Guard the privacy and confidentiality of proprietary information.
· Take the initiative and action to produce effective results. Rise above our position requirements to assist clients, prospects, and fellow employees.
Job Type: Full-time