NEW-BOLD Enterprises, Inc. is a provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. At the NASA Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility, we support NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will learn to work independently and as a member of a team in one or more of these IV&V projects or other IV&V Program functional areas.
Roles and Responsibilities will include assignment in one or more aspects of the IV&V Program needs listed below:
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of system and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s software integration, interface, formal verification and qualification, systems and software integration, and certification test products.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements. Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety-critical and mission-critical software systems to ensure the system will do what it is supposed to do, not do what it is not supposed to do, and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- May lead small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- 5+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of experience with a Master's degree, in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program, OR an additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- Working experience with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test).
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, software integration, and verification and validation.
- Able to assess software risk and identify adverse conditions/off-nominal behaviors.
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
- Is a self-starter who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
- Maintains excellent rapport with all internal and external customers.
- Able to read and understand C / C++ source code to verify correct, complete, and consistent implementation of software requirements and behaviors
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Experience and expertise with human space programs/space domain topics such as mission and spacecraft ground operations, launch operations/processes, propulsion, environmental control and life support systems, vehicle system management, software safety, and mission assurance.
- Experience and expertise in developing or assessing safety critical mission software.
- Prior IV&V and/or independent test experience.
- Familiar with UML and service oriented architecture
- Familiar with Agile software development processes
- Familiar with Cybersecurity Assurance
- Familiar with Simulink and MATLAB
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- SDLC: 5 years (Required)
- C/C++: 5 years (Preferred)