Proper Hospitality is looking for a VP of Finance. The VP Finance will be responsible for driving strong financial performance by working closely with the property Directors of Finance/Controllers, to ensure aligned metrics for success are in place. The VP Finance n will be responsible for overseeing financial controls, SOP’s and efficiencies.
The VP of Finance will be responsible for supervising financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties for the Company. S/He will coordinate and manage the financial planning, procurement, and investment activities of the Company. Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information for tax returns.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting;
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards;
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies;
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed;
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met;
- Conduct or coordinate audits with Directors of Finance per property accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Minimum of 10-15 years in an Executive Level (Controller or Director of Finance) role in the hospitality industry
- Minimum of 3-5 years in regional experience required
- Proficiency with Accounting software
- Excellent understanding of GAAP
- Demonstrated track record of success and career growth
BA Degree required. Experience in luxury/lifestyle hotels is a plus.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.