Dohn Construction is hiring a General Construction Laborer. Laborers are required to help more experienced workers by performing routine tasks such as loading and unloading materials and preparing / cleaning the work-site. They usually need to learn from other workers how to do more difficult tasks such as using special equipment and tools. This is for a full-time position at 40 hours a week.
Construction Laborers usually perform many of the following tasks:
- Removing debris and sweeping.
- Helping craft workers.
- Distributing materials.
- Maintaining different tools.
- Working at heights.
Having good judgment.
Positive attitude with desire to learn / advance.
Dedicated and reliable.
Being physically fit.
Having manual dexterity.
Being able to work with a team.
Having good communication skills.
Operate simple and complex tools (training provided).
Being able to work with different building materials.
Having good eye-hand coordination.
Comprehension to read and understand written instructions.
Equipment operation experience
Hammer, Utility Knife, Tape Measure, Pliers
High School Diploma or equivalent education level is desired but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative