With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Corporate Systems – Enterprise Risk and Fraud/Financial Risk Business Technology team at Discover is looking for a Lead Software Developer, who has experience in developing medium to large scale, customer-facing applications designing, developing, and optimizing complex graph databases. In this role you will be on responsible for the technical development of the investigation tool. This role is technical, hands on accountable for designing, developing, optimizing and troubleshooting complex data intensive ETL process.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Maintains application software and systems.
- Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals.
- Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Well experienced with web development using Java/Python/Python Django framework
- Experience in Graph database modeling and graph query languages like cypher
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions such as RDS, Lambda, Snowflake and S3 or other cloud technologies
- Good experience on graph query languages like cypher
- Good understanding of Open Graph APIs
- Very Good Communication skills with banking/Finance Sector experience
- Experience with Agile process
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
24-Hour Nurse Hotline & Telehealth Services
7 Paid Holidays
Annual Flu Shots
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Work Environment
Group Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
Healthy Eating Program
Legal Assistance Plan
Onsite Emotional Health Counselors
Onsite Fitness Centers
Onsite Weight Watchers at Work
Paid Parental Leave
Professional and Leadership Development Programs
Service Anniversary Awards
Annual Health Evaluation and Health Coaching
Critical Illness Insurance
Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Life and Accident Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Onsite Health Services Center with Nurse Practitioner
401(k) Savings Plan with Fixed and Matching Contributions
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
“Financial Wellness for You” Learning Programs