Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency Contract Support for Program Executive Office (PEO), Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) Division, Architecture, Advanced Concepts and Engineering (AACE) and Business Operations Divisions. This contract covers activities ranging from enabling better communication, to improving the project management, to providing direct engineering support for projects.
PIE Focus--Platforms, Virtualization, Server. and Database engineering: The PIE Section is responsible for engineering infrastructure solutions related to networks, unified communication, Web services and data centers. PIE architects and engineers will provide platform solutions, including databases; mobile capabilities; storage; servers; and capabilities. PIE is also responsible for Test Center (ITC) Test & Development Lab and the Development, Test & Evaluation (DT&E) mission.
Desired Minimum/General Experience: Five (5) years of progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency levels related to task. Position requires DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) and Computing Environment (CE) certifications.
IAT II = ComCompTIA S+ or equivalent, as approved by the Contractor Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Server focus - Microsoft MCSA, Server 2012/2016 or equivalent as, approved by COR
- Cloud focus – Microsoft MCSE – Windows, Server 2016 or Azure or VMware, Certified Professional 7.
- Cloud Management and Automation Platforms (Storage) focus - NetApp Certified Data, administrator, ONTAP or DECSIE, Specialist Unity.
- Virtualization focus - VMWare Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization or higher VMware certification.
- Active Directory focus – MCSA Microsoft Server, 2012/2016/2019.
- SCCM focus – Microsoft MCSA/MCSE Mobility, System Center Manager .
- Application Virtualization (Citrix) focus - Citrix Certified Associate, CCA-V, preferred Citrix Certified Professional CCP-V or higher. Citrix certification.
This position requires a Tier 3 (T3) Investigation with a Position of Trust, and this will require a U.S. Citizenship.
Functional Responsibility: Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures. Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Desired Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalency.
Proof of education and certifications will be required.
Working conditions: Must be able to work in a professional office environment performing work from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as dictated by proposal timeline requirements. Must be able to communicate with others effectively in person on a day-to day basis.
Physical requirements: Must be able to operate office equipment such as computers, telephone, printers, and staplers. Must be able to spend time stationary at a desk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds on an infrequent basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Information Technology: 1 year (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity