Provides communication and marketing support at both district and school levels with a heavy emphasis on social media management. Supports district and school marketing initiatives by contributing to the creation, development, planning and implementation of messaging, campaigns, advertising, promotions, collateral (print and digital), web and social media content, press kits and materials, scripts for radio and television, and presentations. Provides internal support with communications and social media training, consulting, and best practices for department and school based employees.
1. Provides social media support including monitoring, analysis, consulting and planning regarding district services and school programs that align with the district's strategic plan, and key Superintendent and School Board initiatives.
2. Contributes to the development of branding and messaging strategies to increase awareness of key district and school based initiatives to parents, students, the general community, and district employees.
3. Supports the departmental needs of the Director of Marketing and Assistant Superintendent of Communications.
4. Produces web/social media graphics, photography, and video content for the district and school websites, mobile applications, and social media sites.
5. Monitors district and school based social media sites for trends and compliance.
6. Supports the production, coordination and promotion of school board meetings, community meetings, and off-site school based events. Availability beyond traditional workday hours may be required.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of experience in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, television/video production, social media management, web development and management; knowledge of current technology, and traditional and digital processes to distribute communications, promotions, and advertisements.
Certifications & Licenses:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of current marketing and promotional processes for research, budgeting, tactics, needs assessment, and analysis
- Knowledge of advertising creative development and media buying
- Knowledge of current social media sites, trends, promotion, and best practices to increase engagement
- Knowledge of current technology to develop and produce videos, script writing, and editing skills
- Advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and Adobe Creative Suite software skills
- Advanced skills in writing, editing, and proofreading for a variety of audiences
- Professional level customer service skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics
- Ability to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups from culturally diverse publics
- Advanced detail-orientation skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with district department and school leadership