- Teaching Experience
Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
With over 30 successful years in the business, we guarantee positive educational results every step of the way. Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child's needs in mind.
Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. We're an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we benefit! Join us, and be inspired!
Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why. As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibilities are: Just Teaching. No Lesson Plans. No Preparation.
We are currently looking for upper level math teachers. As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting. You will provide personalized instruction in Math and SAT/ACT prep. Students of all levels will need assistance on material ranging from Algebra to Calculus. Evening and weekend hours available. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a successful teacher you will:
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center director
- Inspire Students
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
What you get in return:
- A Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with teaching or tutoring in the areas of calculus, algebra 1 & 2, geometry and trigonometry
- 2 years teaching or tutoring experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task
As a Sylvan team member, you'll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact in the lives of others! $12-$14/hour, depending on experience.