Location: Albany, NY
Duration: 12-24+ Months (High Possibility of Further Extensions also)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with program staff to analyze and document business and reporting requirements, business / workflow processes, data flows, and system interfaces.
- Work with developers, data analysts, and contractors on gap analysis and logical design.
- Work with business, developers, analysts, and testers to ensure completeness of test plans and test scenarios.
- Develop all or portions of the following project artifacts as needed using MS Office and Visio: Business Requirements Priority Matrix, Business Requirements Document, Gap Analysis Document, Functional / Technical Specifications, Use Cases, Screen and Interface Design Document, others as identified.
- Compile reports and activity status as requested by the project manager.
- Work well in a matrixed team structure, often facilitating multi-disciplinary teams, translating business/program subject matter information into project artifacts.
- Mentor and train junior and mid-level business analysts.
- Prepare and execute a knowledge transfer.
- Follow enterprise, cluster level, department level, and division level directives, best practices, standards, and methodologies, as appropriate or requested.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 84 months demonstrated hands-on experience as a Business Analyst working on software enhancements or new development project(s) gathering and prioritizing business requirements with users and documenting business requirements.
- 84 months demonstrated hands-on experience with analysis and documentation of complex business rules, workflow processes, and re-engineering business processes.
- 84 months of hands-on experience leading meetings and facilitating requirements sessions with business/program subject matter experts including functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and security requirements
- 84 months demonstrated hands-on business analysis experience with all phases of application development including requirements analysis, design and development, data conversion scenarios, testing, and maintenance of large complex systems and reports.
- 72 months demonstrated hands-on experience with creating and developing documentation: business requirements, business and system process flows, swim lane diagrams, use cases, user interface mock ups, user documentation, and technical specifications.
- 36 months experience with Visio, Balsamiq, and/or other tools for creating and maintaining process flows and wireframes.
Job Type: Contract
- analysis and documentation of complex business rules: 7 years (Required)
- working on software enhancements or new development projects: 7 years (Required)
- lead meetings & facilitating requirement sessions with SME: 7 years (Required)
- analysis and documentation of re-engineering business proces: 7 years (Required)
- Visio, Balsamiq: 3 years (Preferred)
- analysis and documentation of workflow processes: 7 years (Required)
- gathering and prioritizing business requirements with users: 7 years (Required)
- business analysis with all phases of application development: 7 years (Required)