Position: Driver Helper – Part Time Seasonal Location: Easton, PA $21.50 an hour
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 130,000 book fair events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Driver Helper - Part Time Seasonal associates to help our drivers deliver book fairs to schools and perform other warehouse work. These part time seasonal positions offer a variety of hours to work during the peaks of the school year (Monday-Friday) and are typically off during summer and winter school leave periods. We offer major holidays offer generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k plan.
Join our Company’s mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people!
- Work with CDL driver to deliver and pick-up fairs in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- Work closely with supervisor and CDL driver to ensure customer service standards are maintained.
- Deliver and pick-up product from schools.
- Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to receive a “Damage Free” fair.
- Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
- Attend monthly safety meetings – completing all continuous training materials as required.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects, and pushing/pulling display cases.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain truck per company standards.
- Unpack and sort returned books and merchandise to the proper location in a timely manner.
- Assist in the picking and packing of re-orders, ensuring a timely response. Prepare shipments to fill branch orders.
- Distribute book reorders to branch picking aisles.
- Assist drivers in loading and unloading trucks. Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical devices.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly utilized to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety; report any unsafe conditions/equipment or injury to management.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects, climbing ladders and pushing/pulling display cases.
- Responsible for the careful handling of all merchandise, avoiding damage, bending, or tearing.
- May operate forklifts during peak periods
- Fill Accurate Data on Labor Data Collection Cards.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Maintain a courteous and positive relationship with all customers.
- May assist other associates in completing tasks, as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and productive work environment.
- May help to receive and sort inbound shipments.
- May pull and prepare outbound shipments.
- Help in maintaining case repair i.e., handles, shelves, wheels, latches and locks.
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to utilize scanner systems effectively with minimal errors.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Customer service orientated.
- Ability to stand/walk/sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a calculator.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $21.50 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Light Truck & Delivery Drivers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations