The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
This is not a call center position. This is a collections position calling business clients who are past due on their accounts.
Our goal is to hire someone on a temp to perm basis. Attendance and performance will be taken into consideration prior to making a regular, fulltime offer.
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Collections: 2 years (Preferred)