MISSION: Coordinates and executes the purchasing of materials, services, and supplies to ensure production needs are met timely as well as continuing to operate efficiently with the right materials in order to run as smoothly and profitably as possible.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate the purchasing of materials, services and supplies, etc. for production and support functions within the manufacturing facility with the objective to limit costs and profitability, as well as improve accuracy, customer service, and/or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet production and distribution needs. Direct the movement, tracking, storage, and processing of inventory.
COMPETENCIES: Detail-oriented; Customer Service; Knowledge of Best Practices as they relate to Accounting, Supply Chain, and manufacturing/production; Deadline Driven.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Per the established production schedule, ensure the direct and indirect materials required to support production (and the facility in general) arrive on-time, on-quantity, and on-quality. Working with planners and production, develops materials forecasts (quantities and financial) as required based on production needs, anticipating conflicts/issues and resolving shortages to ensure production plans supporting customer orders can be efficiently met.
- Leads negotiations on materials. Balances the competing aspects of materials inventory levels, lead-times, prices, quality, and other terms. to achieve the right balance to support production and reach overall site objectives, including financial targets.
- Site Logistic and Warehouse function
- Coordinates inbound and outbound material shipments for on-time and cost effective deliveries.
- Trains other personnel as required in basics of day-to-day logistic implementations.
- Leads Inventory Count programs as required, and reports results to finance.
- Works between production warehouse function and finance to ensure accurate systems for receiving and invoice matching on purchased goods, and recommends changes to streamline these business processes.
- Supply Chain Status
- Maintains ERP system in regards to materials, inventory quantities, and purchase orders.
- Establishes and maintains “Status at a glance” purchase boards for production and support materials for operations within the site. Updates regularly to ensure information is always current.
- Outsourced Product Line
- Manages orders to be outsourced via PO with approved supply base.
- Ensures documentation packages are complete and transmitted to selected supplier.
- Ensures order ships to customers on time per specifications.
- Supply Chain Development
- Coordinates and tracks supplier performance system, gathering data on key supplier metrics. Meets with suppliers to discuss performance and improvements needed.
- With site leadership, develops the supply chain to help facilitate discussions with customers and production on meeting their objectives. Makes SMART recommendations on improving effectiveness of overall supplies chains from sub-suppliers through to customers, including meeting changing market conditions, new business opportunities, and cost reduction strategies.
- As needed to support business initiatives, identifies new suppliers for both existing needs and development business opportunities. Leads qualification efforts, drawing resources from quality and engineering as required.
- Review and update supply chain practices and procedures in accordance with new or changing regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, environmental, OHSA, governmental regulations, etc.
- Materials Costing
- Understands the root drivers in materials, services, and logistic costs and works to achieve lowest total costs (price/inventory/terms) for the site.
- Analyze materials and inventories to determine how to decrease landed costs, increase inventory turns, reduce waste/obsolescence, and optimized customer (internal and external) service.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE.The following describes the ideal background for a candidate:
- 2-4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with working knowledge of production best practices, targets, and shipping fulfillment processes. Experience in electronics manufacturing, printing industry, and/or high velocity manufacturing environments a plus.
- Associates or Bachelor of Arts or Sciences (or equivalent). Concentrations in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, and/or Fulfillment strongly preferred.
- Language Skills:
- Possess strong English language skills and be able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret (with some minor technical assistance if required) product specifications, requirements, and technical data sheets.
- Write, and/or assist in writing, supplier reports and business correspondence (email, letters, reports, etc)
- Effectively, efficiently and professionally communicate with internal team and external supply base to ensure out/their needs are understood correctly, and discuss any issues/concerns that may occur in ensuring materials needed to support production are delivered properly to the site.
- Be able to interface with coworkers on issues or concerns, and be able to respond to questions posed from others in the organization.
- Any abilities to communicate in German, French, or Spanish would be a plus.
- Reasoning Ability: Be able to help define problems, collect data and facts, and make strong, logical conclusions. Be able to help anticipate, based on knowledge and experience, problems before they impact operations, and importantly, customers, and help define/recommend, and implement preventative solutions.
- Possess the ability to curiously pursue alternative solutions to positively impact cost-savings/reductions initiatives by thoughtfully seeking out and fostering positive relationships with vendors and suppliers to negotiate price reductions and/or additional savings contracts.
- Computer skills: Use of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook or other email) is required.
TRAVELOccasional travel to suppliers may be required. Estimated 0-10% of time
FLSA STATUSThis is a salaried, exempt position. The work volume of Supply Chain can vary week to week depending upon production volume, the timing of material/product shipments and the needs of the business.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- General Conditions: The applicant must pass specified drug screen prior to starting employment, and a background check. There are further background and clearance requirements which will be discussed with applicants that proceed to the interview stage. All offers of employment are conditional based upon the successful completion, approval, and maintenance of these checks and clearances.
- The applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
- Relocation: Relocation is not available for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain Management: 2 years
Required work authorization: