PolySystems is seeking an Actuarial Software Tester to work with our Client Support Services and Design & Development teams to complete software fixes and features.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as a liaison between client support and programming teams for software fixes and feature completion from client submission to the final stages of analysis.
- Serve as the key contact for questions from the client and the client support team.
- Update documentation when new features are added or bugs are fixed.
- Analyze submitted complex data and communicate concerns to developers.
- Provide required test data and supplemental calculations to unit and client regression suites.
- Assist in analyzing regression results.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, or related field.
- Must have passed a minimum of 2 Society of Actuaries exams.
- A minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Experience in the insurance field is a plus.
- Understanding of insurance product types: reserving methods, rules, and guidelines.
- Experience with batch files.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)