Contract- 1 year Full Time with Medical benefits offered $125-150K
Citizenship- Must be US Citizen
- Design, Architect and Maintain Oracle, MS-SQL Databases in Azure Gov Cloud.
- General awareness of Cloud providers (AWS, Azure).
- Some experience with Vertica EON preferred. Basic Vertica knowledge required.
- Document and communicate database design. Adapt business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develop the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application, including stored/remote procedure calls.
- Code moderately complex to complex programs and derive logical processes on technical platforms.
- Provide expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Determine how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
- Participate in quality assurance and develop test application code in client server environment. Install database management systems. Monitor file system space database allocation.
- Verify efficient use of disk storage; reclaim dead space; optimize space allocation and avoid out of space conditions.
- Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff; execute necessary tasks to accomplish this, including export, drop, create, and import prescheduled time to minimize impact; provide application development staff optimal development environment with current data.
- Closely monitor performance; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure database is running at optimum speed and efficiency. Verify implementation of correct backup strategy; develop recovery procedures; support recovery from loss of data caused by user or system error.
- Expected to be fully versed in logical data modeling and how to translate it into physical database design.
- Expected to understand and apply system management, performance timing and troubleshooting techniques.
- Has knowledge and experience in database technologies - Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c, MS-SQL, Vertica, Vertica EON. Vertica experience preferred but not required. Vertica - basic understanding required.
- Formal software, information and system engineering skills are acquired.
- Installation & Configuration of databases, Security and Hardening of Oracle/MS-SQL databases, Backup, Recovery, Data Guard, Active Data Guard, OEM 13c Monitoring, Monitoriing Templates, OEM Reporting/Dashboards, Performance Tuning, SQL Tuning, Capacity Planning, Automation, Shell Scripts, Patches/Upgrades, Documentation & Standards.
- Review FedRamp controls and translate to technical requirements, Maintain documentation, wiki pages.
- Experience with Azure, AWS Cloud preferred but not required.
- Golden Gate experience preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- oracle: 5 years (Preferred)
- Oracle DBA: 8 years (Preferred)
- Vertica: 3 years (Required)