Our organization: The Arbor Day Foundation was founded in 1972 & has grown to become the largest nonprofit membership organization dedicated to planting trees, with more than one million members, supporters, and valued partners. Their vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty and hunger. As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing and celebrating trees. More information is available at arborday.org
Our property: The Lied Lodge & Conference Center resides within the 260 acres of Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City, NE, which is a property owned & operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. It was created to give guests a place to experience nature in a comfortable setting. A natural setting, rustic ambience, and exceptional service make Lied Lodge & Conference Center unique to our guests. Lied Lodge & Conference Center is regionally recognized & offers 140 guest rooms, over 14,000 square feet of meeting space, and hosts a diverse audience of business and leisure guests 365 days a year. More information is available at liedlodge.org.
Who we’re looking for: Lied Lodge & Conference Center is seeking an exceptional results-driven sales individual to join our Lied Lodge sales team with the primary responsibility of cultivating new relationships in new markets in order to maximize operation revenues and guest room occupancy, and one who can passionately communicate our mission of inspiring people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. This Regional Sales Manager will serve as an integral part of the established and cohesive Lied Lodge sales team and will report to the Director of Sales. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable and capable in a variety of roles, including educating potential clients regarding all that Lied Lodge and Arbor Day Farm has to offer, streamlining the booking process for these clients, utilizing revenue maximization, and soliciting and realizing new business for the property. Preferred applicants will have an established network in the Kansas City market.
Lied Lodge & Conference Center and the Arbor Day Foundation offer an excellent work environment, an attractive benefits package, and the rewarding opportunity to facilitate environmental stewardship. If this unique opportunity sounds like the perfect fit for your energy, interests and talents, please apply with a cover letter and resume to the Arbor Day Foundation’s careers page at: arborday.org/careers.
Essential functions of the job
- Identify, solicit and cultivate relationships with potential customers resulting in positive and lasting relationships to meet/exceed sales goals and related sales activities.
- Develop personal S.M.A.R.T. plans for assigned accounts within territory.
- Sell hotel guest rooms, complete meeting packages, catering services, banquet facilities and Arbor Day Farm activities, through direct client contact, toward maximizing total operation revenues and mission-supporting profits.
- Assist with the development, implementation and achievement of the annual Sales Plan.
- Enhance our culture through participating in individual, team, & property wide meetings on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, following company policies and procedures and can effectively communicate them.
- Demonstrate business acumen by effectively negotiating contracts and formal agreements in a timely manner.
- Focus on revenue-producing activities and maximize time spent on direct sales efforts.
- Ingenuity - push us to find new ways to grow business by creating presence and excitement for Lied Lodge & Conference Center and Arbor Day Farm on tours of the property, at tradeshows, networking events, board service, social memberships, clubs, etc.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with multiple contacts and channels across an organization by providing exceptional service excellence.
- Passionately communicate the mission of the Arbor Day Foundation and the tangible and intangible value of partnerships with our organization.
- Coordinate internal and external service excellence to meet/exceed client needs and specifications.
- Develop customer profiles and maintain an effective trace system to best meet client and operation needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Established network in the Kansas City and regional markets.
- Ability to sell and close business via phone/online/in-person meetings to C-suite professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with prospects and understand the needs of both the individual(s) and company to close on sales.
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, goal-oriented, strong initiative and work ethic engaged team member with high degree of professionalism with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proven success to qualify, nurture, and analyze prospects and leads in the sales pipeline
- Proficient in OPERA proprietary software experience preferred. Or competence with a hospitality property management or related industry-specific software system preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated time management, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years of successful sales experience, preferably in the corporate relation or business-to-business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work remotely in the Kansas City area & travel as required regionally/nationally by car or plane.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Primary business hours are 8AM-5PM, with occasional evenings, weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- successful sales: 3 years (Required)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms