The Construction Superintendent (CS) will perform the day-to-day team leadership and oversight for all project-specific requirements from mobilization to close out. This high-performance individual will assume overall responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects within allotted time and budget. The CS will answer to the Owner while overseeing subcontractors and workforce teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively coordinate all subcontractors’ work efforts, vendors/materials, and scheduling during the mobilization, construction, and closeout phases of assigned projects.
- Plan procedures for construction, ensuring start and finish times, safety, quality, and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of the project are met.
- Confirm and oversee all inspections while being familiar with local building code enforcement and inspectors, and resolving conflicts or issues throughout the project.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment, inspect work throughout the project’s progress to ensure workmanship and materials conform to plans and specifications.
- Work through Client and Subcontractor Change Order [CO] requests by completing field CO forms, requesting and processing pricing from subcontractors, and submitting draft CO for Owner to review, approve, and submit to client.
- Prepare and submit daily reports on progress, materials used, punch lists, pictures, and schedule adjustments before leaving the job site each day.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline
- Make changes in the operation as necessary to best meet construction deadlines
- Implement management techniques that are cost-effective and efficient
- Keeping onsite plans and changes current and organized, including redlines
- Construction Management BS or relative field experience (Required)
- Previous residential/commercial construction superintendent experience
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Strong leadership qualities
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with multiple team members
- Excellent time management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Own hand tools and ability to perform basic construction tasks and cleaning
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (Required)
- Experience drafting or manipulating plans and photos (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)
- Personal Vehicle (Required)
About the company:
Oldmixon Construction is a family owned business specializing in luxury custom home building. We are committed to building great relationships with our clients and subcontractors. We distinguish ourselves by being innovative, driving efficiency, and producing top quality work. Our method is based on a solid foundation of integrity, commitment, and effective communication. Oldmixon Construction goes above and beyond to assure that each project becomes the clients' vision realized. Our projects include remodels, build-outs, and ground-up projects. For more information please go to www.oldmixonco.com.
Job Type: Full-time (On-Site)
Pay: Varies based on experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday (40 hours/week)
Location: Telluride, CO and surrounding area
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- Do you have a personal vehicle for work use?
- Construction Superintendents: 1 year (Preferred)
- drafting or manipulating plans and photos: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word and Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
Work Location: In person