On a Department-wide level, the Biostatistician designs and performs statistical analyses to support Investigators within the Departments of Surgery and Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine.
The Biostatistician will help design studies, estimate sample size and power, statistical analyses, interpret results and write statistical sections of papers and grants.
Experience with programming in SAS, R and other statistical software and working with various database structures are crucial components of this position.
The Biostatistician may also work with others to develop new statistical methods needed to analyze studies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as part of a group of researchers within the Department of Anesthesiology,
Perioperative and Pain Medicine
- Advises and educates Research Fellows/Residents and Departmental Faculty and staff on
study designs and analysis of data related to their studies. Troubleshoots study design
- Provides study design, performs analyses, interprets results of studies
- Collaborates with clinicians and others to generate publication-ready reports of statistical
- Meets with study investigators periodically to review the execution of study design and data
collection and performs interim statistical analysis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities at the supervisor's request.
- PhD or MS required in bio-statistics or a related field. PhD-level biostatisticians are preferred.
- Strong and practical experience in study design and statistical analyses
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques such as logistic regression, Cox regression,
repeated measures methods.
- Collaborative experience in a biostatistician position in a medical research environment
Skills/ Abilities/Competencies Required:
- Working knowledge of programming in SAS, R and other statistical tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated statistical/analytical and reasoning skills to perform high-level problem solving.
- Has a thorough understanding of analysis, coding, testing and project methodologies.
- A high level of patient and data confidentiality and security must be maintained.
- Shared office space.
- Some travel between sites may be necessary but infrequent.
EEO Statement Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
: MA-Boston-Boston - BWH Main Campus
Boston - BWH Main Campus
75 Francis St
: Business and Systems Analyst
: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Standard Hours :
: Day Job
Recruiting Department :
: Apr 18, 2018