The Booking Coordinator is responsible for overseeing projects and business relationships with assigned accounts, and exceeding customer’s expectations in Customer Service. Manage projects/clients throughout the sales process and supporting the various departments, News, Sports and Production. Develop relationship with customer accounts and vendors. Support Corporate objectives for sales in broadcasting applications for sports, news and special events and satellite transmission services, domestic and international, including IP Streaming, Production, and Content Distribution.
- Manage day to day Booking Operation and Customer Service Center with client requests via phone and Email, both in-house and external clients.
- Work with Sports, News, and Production Departments on Special events/ Projects
- Work closely with sales teams to identify solutions to customers' needs, and obtain quotes from third party vendors/ solutions to integrate turnkey and prepare budgets and proposals that present value to customers.
- Develop, Coordinate and distribute ratecards/service offerings for breaking news coverage.
- Manage, grow and provide outstanding customer care to a set of existing accounts.
- Identify revenue opportunities and provide strategic assessment within assigned accounts.
- Review all services provided in scheduling system for accurate revenue/ billing, costs accrual to ensure proper revenue reporting to finance for monthly closing.
- Work closely with finance to identify, delinquent accounts and assist in collections efforts through Customer Service contacts.
- Coordinate with Overon Madrid IT to ensure bookable resources are up to date in booking system and approved and cleared by Engineering and Operations.
- Issue Requisition purchase orders via Corporate Portal for third party resources.
- Support Sales with Travel arrangements/Airfare/Hotel Bookings/Car rentals/Trade Shows.
- Maintain database/contacts for third party assets /inventory/ equipment, for Special Projects
- Coordinate with Overon TOC, on-air client services for high profile events.
- Light travel may be required for onsite coordination for large scale events.
- Support Corporate International offices with requests for LATAM/ Americas regions.
- Maintain updated client e-mail/ distribution list for ratecards/ breaking news service offerings.
- IRD/ Decoder Management: shipment, deployment, tracking and reception of services.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Four year college degree in communications, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Basic knowledge of cable, broadcast, IP, Streaming, DTH, and satellite industry, including market trends and technology applications.
- Fluent with Data entry, Microsoft documents, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Flexible, rotation schedules including weekends shifts.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume.
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
- Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- communications, business or related field: 4 years (Required)
- Miami, FL 33166 (Required)
- English/Spanish (Required)
- United States (Preferred)