Cox Communications is searching for a Data Center Network Engineer to plan, design, and test network and security infrastructure in the Cox data center environment. This engineer will work with senior engineers and vendors to develop and test the latest networking features and capabilities. This role will help automate the testing, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of data center network infrastructure.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Creates test plans; tests and validates functionality, management and performance for existing & new technologies.
- Supports deployments of infrastructure and architectures with installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
- Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to other departments.
- Defines and compiles the methods of procedures and documentation to support personnel in the installation, maintenance and removal of network equipment.
- Collaborates with vendors to create designs and procedures that ensure proper equipment installation and operation.
- Facilitates communications with employees and other departments by holding or attending meetings, preparing reports, and participating on task forces.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to existing designs & practices on an ongoing basis, drawing on new platform capabilities, industry standards, market demands, etc.
- Develop, test, and maintain code that supports automation of data center infrastructure
- Effective written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Experienced at writing technical proposals and documentation. Typical formal documentation outputs will include test plans, project business/technical requirements, test results and key findings, standardized design guidelines, and implementation guides. Informal communication skills (e-mail, teleconference, face to face, etc.) are also required.
- 1+ years of experience in related field (i.e. Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects.
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, shell scripts, Perl, PHP, Ansible, Puppet, Salt
- Working knowledge of routing protocols in a service provider environment, specifically: OSPF, BGP, IS-IS.
- Strong knowledge of data templating and serialization technologies (Jinja, YAML, XML-RPC)
- Working knowledge of data center architectures (Core/Dist/Access, IP CLOS).
- Working knowledge of routing and switching protocols (BGP, MPLS, L3VPNs, ARP, Multi-chassis LAG, STP, etc).
- Experience in working on complex project teams, ability to provide clarity of goals and priorities in a manner that assures timely execution of projects.
- Strong ability and desire to learn, teach, and problem solve within a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
- Will consider additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Business and/or management education, training, or direct professional experience is desired.
- Telecommunications Industry certifications a plus (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel).
- Understanding of network security controls, including firewalls, ACLs, IPS/IDS, and application gateways.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of object oriented software development principles
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as OpenStack, VMWare, KVM, etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of SDN and network virtualization principles and technologies such as OpenFlow, Service Chaining, NFV, Orchestration, SD-WAN, etc.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for it's pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiaryof Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications, Inc.
US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Yes, 5 % of the Time