CTG is seeking a Financial Analyst to assist our client on their Development Operations team.
This position is responsible for accounting and analysis of financial and operational information to assess, interpret and predict business performance to support management decisions.
The responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Develop detailed financial plans and forecasts for assigned areas.
- Prepares financial submission.
- Responsible for Uplift and CER calculations.
- Responsible for providing overall integrated financial planning, data gathering, analysis, recommendations and reporting support for assigned areas which may be complex in nature.
- Coordinates with all levels of management and staff to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trended future requirements and operating plans and forecasts.
- Leads own and other staff by reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, and by providing guidance on technical accounting and complex planning issues.
- Provides management with key analytical measurements on performance.
- Establishes templates for staff use for planning and reporting to ensure consistency of team’s work output and to ensure that data collected and analyzed will satisfy senior management’s requirements.
- Leads financial close activities for assigned areas, including journal entry preparation and review, invoice and other document reviews, and analysis vs. plan and forecasts. Ensures that financial resulting and plans/forecasts area in accordance with GAAP.
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to redirect efforts and change focus rapidly in response to changing business needs.
- Creates administrative, operational and financial policies, procedures and processes that support financial goals and performance expectations, as well as provides clear direction to the organization.
- Functions as a partner with all levels of organization and management. Establishes an open line of communication with all levels within the organization and works closely with management to maintain consistent best practices.
- Finance liaison with internal customers for various planning, budget and operations activities.
- Responsible for headcount analysis and information necessary for corporate submission.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding budget planning, budget performance, forecasting, expense management and other strategies.
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies and accounting theory.
- Assists in preparation and consolidation of annual plan/tactical/postmortem/business reviews Performs.
- Safeguards information of a highly confidential and proprietary nature and deals courteously and effectively with a diverse group of contacts, both inside and outside of the department.
- Submit financials into the appropriate Systems, if needed. Runs check file to ensure results are in agreement with submission.
- Provides group business guidance to team members throughout the project life cycle. Has the ability to manage and motivate team members. Team members and customers are typically internal company staff.
- Defines and recommends objectives, communication plans, processes, and schedule for various projects. * Identifies potential business and technical risks.
- Advises others and works with team members to articulate, compare, and implement solutions and alternative approaches.
- Analyzes problems and creates solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
- Accountable for meeting customer's requirements and obtain the results of the project segment or deliverable assigned. Responsible for project planning.
- Performs activities to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for their financial baseline of the project.
- As appropriate, challenges the validity of given procedures and processes with a view toward enhancement or improvement.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours, as needed, to handle month end activities and various deadlines/projects.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires 4-year college degree (major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or Math is preferred) or equivalent experience
- Requires 5 or more years of working experience in Finance-related area.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required.
- Must have an expert knowledge of Excel to include – Pivot Tables, Functions, Formulas and Macros.
- Must have an intermediate knowledge of working within a relational database – querying, importing and exporting data.
Must be flexible to work extended hours, as needed, to handle month end activities and various deadlines/projects.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $32.84 to $45.24 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan