Danbury Senior Living is senior living at its finest. Our resort style senior living community in Broadview Heights, OH is seeking applicants for a Director of Nursing position. We are enhancing lives through serving others by creating a vibrant, caring and exceptional community. When you join The Danbury team, you join a family committed to quality of care and professionalism.
We are seeking candidates for our Director of Nursing position. The ideal candidate must be an RN with experience as a DON in an Assisted Living community.
Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to:
- As an RN, you would plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our nursing department in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- This person will be a member of the community leadership team.
- Determine the staffing needs of the department and recommend number and level of staff to be employed.
- Oversee schedules for nursing department.
- Make routine rounds to ensure that all nursing staff are performing their work assignments.
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies as necessary.
- Review nurses notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive and meet all reporting criteria.
- Participate in interview and assessment of prospective residents.
- Make rounds with physician as necessary.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Monitor the quality and survey reports. Assist in developing plans of action to correct potential or identified problem areas.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that provide instructions on “how to do the job,” and ensure a well-educated nursing department.
- Develop a written plan (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care and services to be provided, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and act as a liaison between residents, their families, staff, and the general public.
- Must be an RN with current active State of Ohio license.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a residential care facility, assisted living, hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to residential care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other staff.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Additional Voluntary Life, Additional Voluntary AD&D
- Company match 401(k)
- Vacation after 30th day of employment
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
If you have a positive outlook and would like to work on a great team then we want to hear from you!
Danbury Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for positions without the regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or non-job-related handicap or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Management: 3 years