Hudson County Community College
Posting Date: December 10, 2019
Library Associate – Technology (Full Time)
Hudson County Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college located just across the Hudson River from Manhattan in Jersey City and Union City, NJ. Fully accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recognized with the 2012 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, was one of just five finalists in the U.S. for the American Association of Community Colleges’ (AACC) Student Success Award, and was presented with the New Jersey Business & Industry Association’s Good Neighbor Awards in 2009 for the Culinary Arts Conference Center and in 2012 for the North Hudson Campus Project, and in 2015 for the Library Building.
The College is currently searching for a Full Time Library Associate for Technology. Reporting to the Director of Library Technology, the Library Associate – Technology position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· providing customer service and troubleshooting computer hardware, software and related peripherals at the Library;
· coordinating between the Library and College ITS personnel.
· performing a wide array of clerical and library paraprofessional duties, including circulation and instructing patrons on how to access information sources;
· identifying, evaluating, and selecting hardware and software needed to improve library services;
· working with the Director of Library Technology and Technical Services Librarian on projects related to the Library’s Integrated Library System;
· participating in digitization and other special projects to improve library services;
· providing training on various library and academic hardware and software;
· staying current with library technologies;
· performing other related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of a High School diploma;
· Minimum of two (2) years of related technical work experiences.
· Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrable customer service skills and proven success working in a collaborative setting.
· Must have experience with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android, as well as Microsoft Office and a wide range of software.
· Flexibility in hours. Specific hours to be determined according to Library service needs and in consultation with the successful candidate.
· Available to work at either the Union City or Jersey City campus.
· An Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
· Experience working with an integrated library system.
· Experience working with a web content management system and with library software, such as EZproxy and LibGuides.
· Bilingual abilities are a plus.
To Apply: Send letter of application, resume and names/contact information of three professional references in a single PDF to libraryjobs @hccc.edu, subject line “FT Library Associate for Technology application”.
For additional information and employment opportunities at HCCC, please visit:
www.njherc.org, www.higheredjobs.com and www.latinosinhighered.com.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time