Job Description: Library Technician
ADC Management Services, Inc.
Hourly Rate: $20.85 Health & Welfare Hourly Rate: $4.22
- Education: Associate’s degree from a recognized college or technical institute with 16 credits in library science or computer science.
- Experience: One (1) years of experience in libraries
- Ability to use and explain the library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids.
- Ability to deal effectively with volunteers and non-professional staff in instructing them in the use of the library.
- Possess knowledge of the Online Computer Library Center's (OCLC) national bibliographic utility, OCLC's ILLiad software and ExLibrary Alma Integrated Library
System (ILS). Must be familiar with LibGuides and online information databases.
- Must have a knowledge of and skill with Internet and email technologies as well as
Microsoft Office Programs and Adobe Acrobat
1. Answer simple or routine inquiries and refers customers requiring professional assistance to subject matter experts. Assist with collection maintenance, performs shelving of materials, materials processing and simple data entry.
2. Performs searches of the library's online catalog within the bibliographic tools, such as the
Library of Congress catalog. Has basic knowledge of simple searching (author and title searches) in order to perform bibliographic verification and interlibrary loan duties.
3. Verify bibliographic information on customer requests. Perform library inventory maintenance, serial check-in, binding of journals, added copy entries in an online catalog environment.
4. Assists with interlibrary loans including document retrieval (from internal resources and from some Internet resources), copying, scanning, saving documents, transferring electronic files from one location to another, and document delivery.
5. Maintain the USGS Libraries Program Collection Records and Inventory in the Serial and
Cataloging Modules of the Library Staff Catalog.
6. Update catalog records for both hard copy and electronic documents through OCLC (the
Online Computer Library Center) and download records from OCLC into the Library's
(Integrated Library System) ILS.
7. Performs periodic inspections to ensure that archival materials and bibliographic holdings, which have been used, are returned to physical storage in proper order.
8. Maintain files on both incoming and outgoing interlibrary loans via ILLiad.
9. Provide basic maintenance of equipment, shelving, file cabinets, moveable shelving, furniture and facilities, and report problems to the COR and IT Help Desk or Building
Services, as appropriate.
10. Acting lead for ADC Library staff by providing training, time and attendance management and act as a resource when interpreting policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.85 /hour
- Library Services: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift