Full Job Description
Love Your Work and Work Your Magic at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area!
We hire and empower smart people who love what they do. Now’s your chance to join us!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be a Playmaker at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area!
About The Role
We are flexible with working hours and are looking for individuals who want to work part-time, as well as those who want to work more hours.
As a Playmaker, you will help to create lifelong memorable experiences in our attraction for our guests. Working in a variety of positions across the attraction, you will drive repeat visits by delivering the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, and product knowledge. You will ensure that our guests are receiving optimal fun by connecting with them in a magical, fun and safe environment.
By submitting one application, you will be considered for all available positions.
- Available positions – Retail, Food and Beverage, Admissions, Ride Operators, and more!
Please note: Candidates are encouraged to apply online and all qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Walk-in candidates are welcomed.
Your Magical Role and Ingredients
- You are passionate about LEGO!
- You love to guide, mentor, teach and coach children (aged 3-10).
- You are a FUN, dynamic, and have a friendly personality.
- You have experience in a customer service role.
- No matter your role or title, you will maintain high service standards with children as a primary focus.
- You love being part of the action and relish the thought of working for LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Aquarium!
About The Benefits
Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us are the outstanding opportunities for career development within our exciting, global organization.
- Flexible hours
- 30% discount in the retail store
- Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions worldwide
- Competitive 401K
- Discounts through the Perks at Work– on almost anything you buy online
- Discounts through Plum Benefits – on tons of ticketed events
- 30% discount at Skechers.com and Skechers stores
- FUN working environment and much more!
Merlin Entertainments Limited is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three-holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best-known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment