TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Regional Sales Director is a sales leader who inspires, drives and achieves a regional quota across multiple industries (runs a balanced business) through all sales channels.
- Achieve revenue targets by driving daily sales consultant activity across a local geography covering multiple industries.
- Monitor team performance and drive deals by helping to remove internal barriers, anticipate and resolve conflicts to drive team’s success.
- Go out on sales calls with team to provide coaching and help create early-stage opportunities, through converting opportunities to closed wins.
- Run weekly sales team meetings to enable team with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
- Work with Sales Enablement and Sales Operations to roll out initiatives/programs designed to improve sales execution and effectiveness.
- Manage and validate pipeline by assessing early-stage opportunities to ensure team has enough pipeline at all times to meet or exceed team quota.
- Inspect for SFDC hygiene and ensure all opportunities are current, accurate and complete with required information.
- Meet or exceed forecast commit to Sales VP every month for your sales team within 10%. Develop and implement quarterly and annual business plans to achieve goals and revenue targets.
- Demonstrate deep level of understanding of the region’s total addressable market (TAM) and current sales cycle, and leverage financial understanding of TriNet’s value proposition to promote strong per employee per month (PEPM).
- Build sales talent candidate bench to generate sales consultant candidates.
- Administrative responsibility for all sales consultants on the team.
- Promote a team mindset and commitment to achieving team success marked by in-person/in-office interaction, teaming, mentoring and a strong affiliation to and sense of pride about TriNet.
- Evolve in to a high performing team by training, coaching, and developing sales consultants to success across all of the aspects of their role, provide learning and growth opportunities.
- Motivate team by supporting individual/team learning and growth, and by celebrating wins.
- Recruit and hire outstanding sales talent who will be successful and bring value to the team and are the best fit for the industry they will cover. Coach new hires through the sales onboarding program, assign mentors to new hires, and establish and coach to a development plan that will achieve success (in partnership with industry sales director).
- Make proactive performance-based decisions on sales consultants to ensure the sales territories are covered by the best fit for the industry and market (in partnership with industry sales director).
- Demonstrate POISE, TriNet’s core values, at all times
Client & Partner Centricity
- Build local and industry-specific ecosystems, including partnerships with brokers, CPAs, etc. to drive local brand recognition and thought leadership; Develop and build relationships across local ecosystem to create ongoing referral sources.
- Coordinate with Marketing and/or the Channel team on local campaigns and drive sales execution to support events to drive activity and pipeline development.
- Coordinate with Client Services, Client Relationship Executives, and Sales Operations to drive client retention.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree desired; or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 10-15 years’ management experience required
- Experience leading a remotely based sales team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consultative sales
- Minimum 5 years of B2B sales experience required
- Prior experience selling in one of the following industries: SaaS, HRO, BPO
- PEO industry experience preferred; Human Capital Management industry experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to influence C-level executives and help direct reports drive new client business
- Ability to manage remote team
- Experience with technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com
- Forecasting and quota management skills
- Ability to demonstrate financial acumen by understanding key financial reports and measures (e.g., P&L, Balance sheet, profitability measures, etc.).
- Ability to demonstrate complete understanding of TriNet's revenue model (Service Fees, WC/Medical, UI, payroll/banking interest and Strategic Services) to maintain predictable regional profitability through pipeline and clients.
Strong excel skills to be able to analyze a prospects hard and soft costs and translate that into a persuasive economic presentation
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel to prospective clients’ sites within designated territory.
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.