Respond to customer needs, demonstrate products, provide a complete shopping experience, and secure product sales to increase company profitability.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, order placements, quote requests, delivery and installation schedules, customer follow-ups, and complaints.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products by obtaining pricing specifications, uses, and availability.
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information, and other data into the computer system.
- Create accurate and complete invoices, work orders, and sales tickets.
- Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
- Operate and balance cash register daily.
- Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and stockroom.
- Maintain clean store environment.
- Attend and participate in Bloedorn-sponsored training, when required.
- Perform other assigned duties, responsibilities, or tasks.
A sales associate must:
- Complete and pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background screen.
- Speak, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Possess interpersonal and customer-relation skills.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Interpret written, oral, diagrams, and schedule-form instructions.
- Operate a computer, calculator, and cash register.
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor setting.
- Occasionally lift/move objects up to 100 pounds, stand, and walk.
- Regularly sit, use hands, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear.
Bloedorn Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time