Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, securing and supporting a company's infrastructure. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, network, and security segments.
- Functions as a knowledgeable resource regarding the network system integration, and ensures effective problem resolution at a system/network infrastructure technical level.
- Develops integration test plans, and performs testing and troubleshooting with multiple departmental Information Technology (IT) resources.
- Participates in the development and review of trainings and policy and procedure materials.
- Creates work plans and monitors progress of project tasks; monitors project work schedules and completion dates.
- Oversees and performs system testing and quality assurance for application enhancements and upgrades.
- Assures proper planning, engineering, documentation, installation and testing of enhancements to meet end user requirements; manages system maintenance activities.
- Supports users during implementation or system upgrades and as needed in analyzing design issues and/or in troubleshooting issues.
- Effectively works with application vendors to resolve issues and to request enhancements.
- Provides daily user support by troubleshooting problems or answering questions to resolve issues from users.
- Develops procedures as needed for both IT and other support services to maintain system performance, usability and uptime.
- Develops training guides to assist staff in the transition from current release levels as well as current automation and integration to new automated practices, incorporating change management principles.
- Coordinates and attends project team meetings and user meetings.
- Works with our Network Architecture and Engineering organizations to develop initiatives to ensure the strategic fulfilment of business needs, lifecycle management, and continuous improvement, as well as overall customer experience and satisfaction for a specific solution.
- Administer all IT equipment – desktop computing, servers, printers, telephone equipment, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning and troubleshooting network problems.
- Upgrades systems by discussing with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network related problems.
- Ensure network uptime, performance, resource utilization and both client and server-side security to meet the needs of the users and the company.
- Actively protect state information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats and ensure that the state complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in CIS/MIS/CS and 5years equivalent work experience.
- Ability to conduct research into communications issues as required.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Telecommunications terminology and services.
- On-call availability.
- Able to communicate in customer/client fashion.
- Extensive Cisco experience -- including security equipment, iWAN, BGP, P2P, OTV, IOS, EIGRP, OSPF, NexusOS, Encryption, and other technologies
- Planning and architecture in a rapidly iterative startup environment, ability to right-size and phase solutions according to changing business needs
- Configuration management as it relates to network, VCS, automation, and development of self-service tools for the organization
- Network monitoring, fault detection, remediation, reporting, auto-recovery and failover designs and implementation while managing to an availability SLA
- Integration of networking and security components in a diverse, heterogonous environment (Linux, Mac, Windows, LDAP, Radius, Active Directory, Kerberos, PKI, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities. This should include experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for enterprise implementations.
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of the following is required:
- AES Servers, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, and Agent monitoring software
- IP Networking & IP Telephony (IP phones, SIP Trunking, etc.)
- Voice/Data Cabling System Implementation
- Various Communications Technologies (T1/T3, DSL, ISDN, VOIP, POTS, ASE, MPLS, Wireless/Cellular Devices & Services, Audio/Video Conferencing Systems, etc.)
- Working knowledge with SAN redundancy and network administration with Cisco switching, routers, firewalls, brocade, HP, IBM, DELL interfacing
Job Type: Full-time