We are Verbal+Visual.
We craft considered e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make commerce that matters.
Verbal+Visual is seeking a thoughtful & collaborative Lead QA Analyst. A Lead QA Analyst at Verbal+Visual works with the Technology and Production teams to ensure overall product quality across our world-class e-commerce websites and apps on the Shopify Plus platform. In this role, you will work to form a deeper understanding of best practices and testing skills, and lead projects and build test plans for all projects you are involved in. This is a part-time contract role, with the potential to go full-time.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end testing of complete, interactive web and mobile applications
- Review product specifications and develop effective testing strategies, plans, and tools to ensure project goals are met
- Establish QA best practices and methods for refining existing approaches
- Manage all external QA contractors and vendors, ensuring they are adhering to team best practices
- Work with the Technology and Production teams to prioritize fixes and estimate bug impacts
- Write test cases based on wireframes, comps and functional requirements
- Conduct functional testing and cross-browser and mobile device testing
- Partner and work directly with the V+V technology team to perform regression testing, defect documentation, and repair verification
- 3+ years of professional QA experience
- 1+ years of Shopify experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of QA principles, inspection techniques, and testing procedures
- Knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility testing methodologies
- Experience writing bug reports with defect tracking software
- Knowledge of web accessibility best practices and optimization
- Technical experience screening, triaging and categorizing defects
- Experience with WCAG 2.1 level AA accessibility testing
- Experience running and maintaining automated tests using Selenium or Cypress
- Working knowledge or Chrome Dev Tools
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work under pressure, solve problems, and deliver on required timelines
And above all else
- - an excellent attitude and passion for QA!
Pay range: $70/hr - $85/hr. Individual compensation varies based on job related factors, including scope of work, experience, level of responsibility, and qualifications.
- Contractors, freelancers, and leased employees are not eligible for Company benefits.
** As an inclusive work environment, a degree from an accredited university is not required to apply for this position. We value your abilities to perform the aforementioned job functions listed above as a primary indicator of your qualification for this role.
*** We're a remote-first, office optional company. Our office is located in Manhattan, New York.
**** No unsolicited 3rd party recruiter submissions please!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, a minority & women owned certified business, the first ever carbon neutral certified e-commerce agency, and a New York City based organization.
Data Privacy Notice Here
For a more thorough consideration of your application, please make sure to complete all questions below.