AmeriCorpsis a national service organization that offers young adults a way to give back to their communities. Members serve a 12 month term and receive a living stipend, insurance, and an education award at the completion of their service. AmeriCorps members serve in construction, family services, the ReStore, and in various development roles. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento welcomes both local and out of state applicants to apply for the AmeriCorps program.
The ReStore development VISTA will develop, document, and implement plans to increase volunteer, in-kind, and cash resources in the Habitat Greater Sacramento Restore by creating and/or enhancing volunteer programs, marketing plans, business systems, and donation opportunities.
TO APPLY COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING LINK IN YOUR BROWSER: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/19-20-hfh-greater-sacramento-vista-restore-development
The goals of this position are many:
Objective one – Exploration
Explore the ReStore volunteer, marketing and donation programs and resources that are currently in place, identifying best practices from other programs. Identify what additional needs the project requires. Document research and communicate findings to the project sponsor to gain further direction to move forward with developing an enhanced ReStore program.
Objective two – Development
Based on the information gathered, the VISTA member will develop and document an enhanced ReStore volunteer program, as well as marketing and donor plans that will address the needs of the host site.
1) Develop a ReStore-specific donor recruitment and recognition plan that increases the amount of repeat donors to the ReStore. Use volunteers to help build the donor directory database of local businesses and community partners that would be ideal donors
2) Develop marketing and outreach strategies/materials designed to increase visibility of the Restore in the community and increase unrestricted revenue as a result of increased purchases and donations. Further develop the current marketing directory database including influencers, media partners, and ambassador partners. Develop plug and play asset materials which are relevant to the various outlets sourced in the marketing directory database.
3) Craft new ReStore donor/volunteer onboarding, and retention program to be in line with standard Habitat Store procedures that have been identified as best practices. Develop database of talent (staff and volunteer) partners.
4) Develop ReStore policies and procedures around data entry, specifically Restore sales and point of sale. Grow the ReStore volunteer donor/shopper loyalty database and polish the procedures around loyalty database and promotion data entry to capture data that can be utilized to analyze and strategize marketing efforts.
Objective three – Implementation and review
Implement the enhanced ReStore volunteer program and marketing and donor plans. Assist the site in testing and evaluating the various parts of the program and plans; revise the program as needed to ensure success.
1) Implement and grow Restore specific donor recruitment and recognition plan and store loyalty plan to increase the amount of donors and shoppers in the ReStore. Implement use of the Habitat Store directory database to capture data.
2) Implement marketing and outreach strategies to increase visibility of the ReStore in the community. Implement use of the marketing directory database and use it to distribute marketing asset materials which are relevant to the various marketing ambassador outlets.
3) Implement ReStore donor acquisition outreach plan to increase new donations. Implement use of the ReStore donor directory database of local businesses and community partners that would be ideal donors.
4) In collaboration with ReStore staff, implement new ReStore volunteer recruitment, onboarding, and retention program. Begin to cultivate and solidify relationships with talent (volunteer) partners. Gather feedback and make adjustments as needed.
5) Implement new policies, practices, and procedures surrounding data entry procedures regarding Restore sales, ReStore donation entry, and POS. Implement and migrate POS system. Analyze data and provide reports.
Objective four – Sustainability
Ensure that the ReStore development program is sustainable, continuing at the host site after the completion of the VISTA term by documenting the plan and training staff and volunteers.
1) Develop a manual of resources and directions for maintaining the ReStore program in its entirety including volunteer talent recruitment and development, marketing and outreach, data entry and focus, store loyalty, and donor development.
Required meetings, trainings and events
Experience, knowledge and skills
Service site environment
Member will primarily serve in an open-space office and will share the area with other staff or fellow members. Each member will have a desk, computer (with email and Internet access) and a phone for service-related tasks. Shared resources include a printer, copy machine, fax machine as well as office supplies. The ReStore office environment is connected to the ReStore sales floor, so distraction and noise level can be high at various times throughout the day.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Full Time Opportunity: