Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan NJ has been the leading provider of reproductive health care the residents of Essex and Passaic Counties for 90 years. Over 22,000 seek care from us each year. Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan New Jersey, Inc. seeks Clinicians (Nurse Practitioners and Certified Midwives) for their float team. The float team Clinician will work between Montclair and Paterson health centers and Newark and East Orange health centers. Candidates with great communication and clinical skills and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service are needed to provide additional clinic sessions at these locations. The position REQUIRES working a varied schedule which may include a mixture of days, evenings and Saturdays. Hours of work are 12pm to 8pm.
Additional Benefits Offered:
** Float renumeration incentive of 10% of salary
** Sign On Bonus
** CME benefits
Under the general supervision and direction of the Medical Director and Lead Clinician, the Clinician is responsible for adhering to clinical regimens as outlined in PPMNJ’s Clinical and Administrative protocols. Job responsibilities include: reproductive health assessment, examination of women and men, prescription of contraceptives and antibiotics, client referral and follow-up in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
Daily responsibilities encompass providing reproductive health services for both women and men including medication abortions, cancer screening, STI screening/diagnosis, IUC/implant insertions and removals, breast exams, birth control prescriptions, etc.
- Reviews the medical and social history components of each patient’s medical record in a systematic accurate and concise manner.
- Performs a physical exam tailored to the chief complaint and in accordance with clinical protocols.
- Orders indicated lab studies; correctly interprets laboratory data and performs laboratory procedures such as wet mounts as required.
- Evaluates patients and establishes a plan of care that addresses contraceptive choice, treatment medication, preventive health measures, referral and follow-up in accordance with PPMNJ protocols.
- Communicates in an organized and logical manner when addressing patient’s questions and problems.
- Appropriately documents in the medical records by adhering to PPMNJ EHR workflows to ensure that findings, counseling, recommendations, and referrals are appropriately documented.
- Works collaboratively with health team members to facilitate the smooth operation of the clinic.
- Participates in any research or clinical trials that may from time to time involve family planning activities within the agency.
- Identifies problems that impede overall functioning of the clinic and formulates appropriate interventions.
- Maintains certification status in agencies such as NCC Certification Corporation, American College of Nurse Midwives, or American Academy of Physician Assistants.
- Participates in quality assurance activities and meets established QA deadlines.
- Insures compliance with PPMNJ’s “Privacy Guidelines” and HIPAA compliance program.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs other duties as may be delegated by the VP of Health Services and Medical Director.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Current NJ Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife license
- Current CPR certification required from American Heart Association
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends (Saturdays)
- Ability to cover 5 health centers in Newark, East Orange, Montclair and Paterson
- Women’s healthcare specialty preferred
- DEA license preferred
- Ultrasound experience preferred but not necessary
- Willingness to travel. Valid driver license and reliable means of transportation is required including liability insurance and a good driving record.
- Able and willing to work for an agency that supports a woman’s right to make personal decisions regarding healthcare and pregnancy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $136,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Must have received the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
Work Location: In person