Join our accounting team! We have an immediate opening for an individual to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Accounting Department in our Sterling, VA office.
The Accounting Manager must have Sage experience!
Since 1982, Compu Dynamics has been a leading provider of critical power and precision cooling solutions for data centers, network facilities, server rooms, operations centers, points of presence and other communications facilities. Our manufacturer-certified service and installation technicians deliver turnkey, energy efficient solutions for some of the world’s most demanding information technology clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
2. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
3. Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
4. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
5. Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
6. Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
7. Oversees payroll processing and will act as backup when needed.
8. Research, track and resolve accounting problems
9. Enter data into computer system using defined computer programs, such as posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions, etc.; run reports as needed
10. Match invoices to work orders and process
11. Contact clients/vendors with delinquent accounts
12. Provide front desk support, including being in the phone queue
13. Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system
14. Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
15. Bank reconciliation
16. Train Accounting staff
17. All responsibilities performed in accordance with GAAP and company policy
18. Assists Financial Controller as needed
19. Provides timely and completed documentation of work performed
20. Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment
Corresponding military codes: 920A, 441, 2824, 2825
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, up to 3 weeks accrued PTO.
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
1. Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent of education and experience
2. 5+ years’ experience
3. Sage experience