OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:
BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 28 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 51,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other useful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to run their reservation book, streamline their operations, and improve their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1.9 billion diners around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
Are you ready to tackle the challenge of engaging customers across multiple channels? Are you excited by 1:1 personalization of content? Do you enjoy crafting a story across a customer's segment and lifecycle? If so, we think this might be the right role for you! In this position, you will be responsible for the development of strategy and execution of customer engagement campaigns across channels such as email, webinars, and direct mail.
On the day to day, you will be setting the strategy for all lifecycle communications across key moments and customer segments. Working cross functionally with our product marketing, sales, sales ops, and data analytics group you will build and continuously refine segmentation and engagement models to customize relevant and personal communications for each customer. If you enjoy analytics and have a fearless A/B test mentality, you will love this role! This is an exciting opportunity for you to make an immediate impact in a high-visibility role.
- Understand the lifecycle and segments of OpenTable restaurants and find opportunities for optimization in our engagement program
- Build the channel and content strategy for all customer lifecycle moments, from brand new customers to our longest tenured and most dedicated customers
- Drive strategic planning for core retention channels with respect to new product launches and key campaign moments
- Learn what makes restaurants tick and what's important to them, and build engagement marketing that reinforces OpenTable's value
- Run campaigns and other engagement initiatives end-to-end: you will design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution through to completion
- Own our automated nurture campaigns and associated metrics to drive engagement at all stages of the funnel and by each customer segment
- Collaborate with our Product Marketing team to tightly control the customer narrative and drive retention
- Increase engagement with OpenTable's add-on restaurant marketing products to grow sales and revenue
- Use restaurant data to drive more effective and data-driven outbound campaigns
- Develop important metrics to measure engagement program effectiveness
- Drive regular, lifecycle business reviews with partners
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of meaningful work experience in online marketing, marketing communications, and/or product marketing
- Strong background in database marketing, CRM infrastructure and personalization roadmap planning
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technologies and tech stacks and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Exceptional project management skills, including an ability to take inputs from a variety of internal and external sources and maintain up-to-date documentation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
- A tenacious self-starter who can serve as a strong advocate for our customers and our business
- Tried experience using data and metrics to measure performance and resolve improvements
- Capable of being successful both as an individual contributor and in a team environment, and also performing at both strategic and tactical levels
- Experience leading large-scale marketing programs and writing customer-facing content
- Preferred: Familiarity with SQL and databases
This is a full time, exempt position, based in San Francisco.
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
If you're passionate about joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply via our website at www.OpenTable.com/careers.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.