During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Corporate Model Risk Group (CMoR) is seeking an experienced quantitative analyst to join its Model Validation team. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
CMoR serves as the second line of defense to ensure the integrity of Wells Fargo’s model inventory. This position will focus primarily on validations of models built in house and by third parties with machine learning and AI technologies. However, more traditional statistical models and special projects will add to the variety. A validation project typically begins and ends with the analyst, requiring broad and continuous attention to detail, comprehensive documentation, and interactions with developers. Meetings with auditors and regulators will require recall of validation details.
CMoR operates in a fast-paced work environment with continuously changing policies and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to be self- motivated, require minimal supervision, and produce work that is consistent with CMoR’s recognized high standards. Effective work will involve familiarity with source systems of record, analytical data and sampling plans, model replications, model performance assessments, and test model development as effective challenges to lines of business. It further requires strength in writing detailed standard analytical reports to ensure Wells Fargo’s compliance with governance policies and regulations. Each validation report will include assessments of the specific business, model purpose and history, the model methodology, data integrity, model development, performance, implementation, and monitoring. These documents are read by a broad audience, including auditors and regulators.
2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
3+ years of experience in advanced statistical models, machine learning or a combination of both
2+ years of Python experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- PhD in a quantitative discipline involving computer science, engineering or statistics
- Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methodologies such as ANN, anomaly detection, and natural language processing
- 2+ years of industrial programming experience with Python and R, large data files, experience with a variety of open source programming systems (e.g., H2O, Keras, TensorFlow)
- 2+ years of experience in a statistical model development environment utilizing best practices and methodologies, including but not limited to data integrity, sampling, model design, model assessment and performance, and documenting model development.
- History of development and applications of quantitative methods
- Model validation experience and some knowledge of financial institution regulatory requirements
- Experience with regulatory requirements related to model validation
- Fraud detection experience
- Experience with newer AI methods
- General awareness of recent developments in applied statistical applications
- Expertise in newer machine learning methodologies as well as traditional statistical applications
- Team player with capacity for independent judgment, and a desire to share knowledge and work with colleagues
- Professional, clear and concise written and oral communications, intended for others within the model validation team, other business units, and regulators.
- Ability to document and present model development process and analytical results for audiences of all technical backgrounds and authorities
- Quick learner who can accommodate rapid changes in analytical focus
- Facile in managing relationships with business partners and simultaneous multiple projects
525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
1753 Pinnacle Dr - Mclean, VA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.