Document Management Assistant(Job Number:
United States-Tennessee-Brentwood-Nashville Physician Service Ce
Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Document Management Assistant
Job Summary – The Document Management Assistant is responsible for supporting centralized print functions, analyzing, processing, scanning, and indexing correspondence, and working returned mail.
Supervisor – Document Management Manager
Supervises – None
Duties (included but not limited to)
- Ensure documents uploaded to centralized print pool are printed, sorted, and mailed timely
- Support work from home employees with any printing and mailing needs
- Analyze, process, and index correspondence
- Process returned mail and forwarding notices by updating address in Patient’s account
- Scan documents into optical imaging system
- Index correspondence in optical imaging system
- Document actions taken in the patient account
- Match corresponding paperwork to accounts
- Handle primary switchboard
- Meet and maintain established departmental performance metrics for production and quality
- Maintain working knowledge of workflow, systems, and tools used in the department
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, utilizing proper punctuation and correct spelling
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients, and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and transcribe accurately
High school diploma or GED required
Minimum one year related correspondence/imaging experience preferred. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions– Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA Category– The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.