Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
Data Architect, Peacock
This role is part of a wider technology team (Global Peacock Technology) focused on Peacock product offerings across NBC Universal and Comcast. A Data Architect will have architecture responsibility for a number of development projects working closely with Business/Product stakeholders at an early proposition stage to shape Technology’s approach to support a product/proposition (both on new products & propositions and extending Peacock’s portfolio of existing products). This role will require on-going engagement and close collaboration with software delivery teams where the Data Architect will support the teams in defining an appropriate solution to deliver a product or proposition; providing specific expertise and support around key areas such as data acquisition, high volume data processing/storage, distributed computing, building cloud-native applications, data virtualization, machine learning, analytics, integration and data security.
The main focus of your data architecture work will be in leading the detailed technical solution design to help build a data driven business. This will entail using the power of data to solve business problems by making intelligent data-driven decisions in Content Acquisition, Product/Feature Design, Marketing, Sales & Service, Advertising, Customer Journeys etc. across Peacocks TV products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to devise a data strategy that addresses Peacock’s data needs
- Map business requirements to system or technical requirements
- Design and develop technical solutions that meet the data needs of the stakeholders
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement the architecture and a vision of how this data will flow through the organization
- Specify, design and build cloud-native solutions that are scalable, performant and leverage the best-of-breeds technologies and managed service offerings
- Articulate cost vs benefit of a solution approach and anticipate how this may need to evolve in future
- Leverage smart science capabilities (machine learning, AI) to build better data products
- Design new tools with a focus on direct data ingestion, faster feedback loops, real time data processing, segmentation, personalization and decision support
- Identify and evaluate data ingestion and management technologies that can be leveraged to industrialize and automate data ingestion and processing
- Have a strong focus on Data Governance including metadata management, data
lineage/provenance, data cataloguing, data protection, data quality
- Ensure data protection measures including anonymization, access controls, compliance are adhered to
- Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems
- 10+ years of experience of defining solution architecture and strategic direction to deliver Data products and capabilities to support BI/Analytics/Reporting, Personalization or Advanced Analytics (AI/ML) use cases
- 10+ years of experience with architecting web-scale solutions on Google Cloud but comparable experience on AWS or Azure will be considered -this includes expert understanding and articulation of architectural principles to build systems that support very high concurrency, are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures
- 10+ years of experience designing microservices and in containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes, GKE or equivalent, Docker)
- Experience working with data warehousing, data marts and data lake technologies
- Experience leveraging Big Data offerings on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) like BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Dataprep, Pub/Sub, DLP etc. or their functional equivalents on AWS, Azure or on-premise
- Demonstrable experience of defining and delivering integration solutions to/from marketing, advertising and analytical COTS products (Adobe, Braze, Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Significant experience designing machine learning pipelines for intelligent insights and predictions
- Proven experience working with Data Governance tools and frameworks (Collibra, Alation etc.)
- Working understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) principles
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, networking and security
- Adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Good consultancy and influencing skills, working within strong technical environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a global matrix organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.