Resiliency Assessment Analyst
McLean, VA 2
Freddie Mac’s Business Resiliency team protects corporate assets from significant business interruptions by optimizing risk management and building operational resiliency. The team is comprised of four verticals including Strategy & Governance, Planning, Crisis Management and Assurance. The Assurance team has responsibility for the overall strategy, scope and plan for enterprise-wide 1) resiliency testing/exercising, including business continuity, crisis management, disaster recovery, and 2) internal and third party business resiliency capability maturity and compliance assessments.
The Assessment Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Resiliency Planning, coordination, execution, and reporting of assessments performed across the enterprise. Assessments will be conducted against specific capabilities (internal and third party) with the intent to measure maturity, based on year-over-year results collected.
The Assessment Analyst will utilize in-depth knowledge and business requirements to design and implement assessment criteria and protocols which meet the needs of the firm in validating overall resiliency capabilities. This position will be responsible for supporting overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific resiliency assessments and related projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The Assessment team assists in evaluating the company’s ability to recover normal business operations after a business resiliency incident, including business continuity, crisis and disaster recovery. The team provides guidance to internal and external stakeholders on current resiliency performance as well as suggests opportunities for improvement. The Assessment Team partners with Business Process owners and technology partners to ensure that an overall business resiliency capability assessment strategy is defined, assessment plans are in place, assessment schedules have been developed and that assessment results are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
Your work falls into four primary categories:
• Support the maintenance of the enterprise resiliency capability maturity assessment framework and model, including assessment questions and tracking of responses and plans to advance maturity to target levels.
• Assist in developing detailed assessment scenarios that critically evaluates the businesses ability to recover from a short and long-term business disruption.
• Assist in coordinating business participation and completion of resiliency assessments as required by corporate standards and procedures.
• Assist in evaluating assessment results for accuracy and completeness and ensure reassessment occurs as required.
• Over 5 years of Resiliency Assessment Experience
• College Degree
• Ability to work across multiple teams, channels, and reporting lines
• High level of energy, creativity, flexibility and dedication. A willingness to focus and commit to finding the best solution for the client
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels
• Strong elicitation, analysis, documentation and visualization skills
• Prior experience or the ability to quickly learn high-level and detail-level business resiliency, technology resiliency, maturity assessment and risk assessment capabilities
• Effective presentation skills
• Ability to organize information and work independently
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
• Ability to work with technology partners and business process owners to establish assessment plans and an overall assessment calendar
• Ability to identify and implement efficiencies within the assessment program.
• Ability to support interview-based and self-assessment-based assessments of enterprise resiliency capabilities across divisions.
• Ability to work with the Business Stakeholders to follow up on issues identified from various business resiliency assessments.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Audit Compliance & Quality
Work Location City
Work Location Zip Code
Work Location State
Full Time/Part Time