Instructional position responsible for the educational leadership of students in a group or class in an innovative charter school. The educational leader is expected to understand and demonstrate the use of the school’s curriculum, student instruction and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students; work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure and respectful. Implementing strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Develops and implements a data-driven, strategic planning system including course, unit and lesson plans.
· Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter.
- Uses data for continual improvement.
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and crisis effectively.
- Provides students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Evaluates student progress and uses formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether students have achieved high standards and modifies instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Understands how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school goals, such as; course materials that match the reading level of students.
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrates positive classroom results and trends. Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support and inquiry.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
· Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
· Actively engages in professional development opportunities.
· Maintains current teaching certification and, if needed, progresses toward a permanent certification and/or endorsement.
· Sponsor a club or extracurricular activity for students after school.
- Performs other related duties as required.
· Executes highly-effective pedagogy in addition to a deep knowledge in subject areas.
· Has deep understanding of data-driven instruction.
· Possesses excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Takes initiative and is resourceful in problem solving.
· Will take a professional willingness to communicate with parents and community stakeholders.
· Positive interpersonal skills and can work well on a team.
Bachelor’s degree from a fully-accredited college or university.
Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for the level and subject area to be taught.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Doral, FL 33166: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Secondary Humanities & Social Sciences Teachers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location