Data Architect with INSURANCE INDUSTRY experience.. 78 an hour on a 1099 or c2c REMOTE FOR NOW THEN ONSITE IN EITHER WESTCHESTER COUNTY, PHILADELPHIA AREA OR NORTHERN NEW JERSEY.. LONG TERM YEAR PLUS..
The Data Architect defines a business-driven vision for current and future data needs supported by policies, principles and guidelines that are aligned with data management and data governance. The position will work within IT to create an industry-leading data warehouse infrastructure that measures performance of all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Translates strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture which may include an enterprise data model, common business vocabulary, taxonomies to be used to guide enterprise solution development, and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
- Develops and implements strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Designs databases, data warehouses and multidimensional databases
- Develops and maintains a formal description of the data and data structures including the data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and technical metadata.
- Defines data/information architecture standards, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and applies accepted data content standards to technology projects.
- Creates source to target mapping documents.
- Collaborates with ETL team on data model, its maintenance and optimization as well as end-to-end data driven integration strategy.
- Monitor and guide design of a semantically rich business model of the enterprise domain, independent of any technology solution
- Work directly with all application development teams to ensure that data is aligned between systems
- 10+ years of BI/DW and data architecture experience.
- 5 years P&C Insurance experience
- 5+ years’ experience in data warehousing
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, ETL and BI architectures, concepts and frameworks
- Deep knowledge of Kimball and Inmon approaches and the core differences
- Capable of facilitating data discovery sessions involving business subject matter experts.
- Ability to create and maintain conceptual/business, logical and physical data models.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into Data Base Schemas.
- Experience with modeling tools (such as ERWin and ER/Studio)
- Knowledge of RDBMS platforms (e.g. SQL Server, DB2) with experience in generating DDL
- Ability to synchronize models to ensure that database structures match models
- Familiar with metadata ingestion and translation
- Knowledge of the P&C insurance business and systems such as Guidewire Policy Center, Guidewire Claims Center, SAP FS-RI & SAP FS-CD is a huge plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience maintaining a model repository
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- What is your Citizenship Status?
- BI/DW and data architecture: 10 years (Preferred)
- P&C Insurance: 5 years (Preferred)
- data warehousing: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19